Thursday, November 3, 2011

Inside Natalie's Closet

It’s no secret I love to buy clothes for my kids.

Occasionally I’ll do a post where I share pictures in their latest outfits.

Today I’ll be posting pictures on what leads up to the better ones. It doesn’t always go smoothly. It’s not as easy as running into the side of the house all the time. (I do this to get Natalie to smile.)

So here we go.



For starters, Natalie was like “no pictures.”

I don’t press her if she’s being a pill so I put the camera away.

She had a fit.

“But I wanted PICTURES!”

(And by the way, her outfit is from Gymboree’s Panda Academy line. It’s all in the clearance section and right now Gymboree has a Circle of Friends sale. It’s 30% off everything, including clearance. Use code GYMCIRCLE.)


Anyway, I said fine, let’s go outside.

And she proceeded to be a pain.

First, she turned her back on me.



She eventually came over and looked at me like I had lost my mind. (I mean, I WAS dressed in sweats and a shirt that didn’t match but still…)



Then she did odd poses. “Look! I can stand on one foot!” (And yes, that is a Cookie Club sticker from Wal-Mart on her hand. She wouldn’t get rid of it. We love stickers that represent free cookies I suppose.)





She did another weird pose.



Stuck her tongue at me.



I said, “Natalie, are we going to do this or not?” She gave me a look like, “Or NOT.”

I asked if she could just smile and look cute.



She said, “Run into the side of the house. Like this.” And proceeded to smack into the side of the house.

So I tried that and it didn’t work!



She did ballet moves.

Then she said she’d smile now:







(One never knows when she’ll cooperate.)

She decided she was done with pictures and was like, “I’ll blow a kiss. Goodbye.”



She did this and went inside.

I half expected her to pull an Austin Powers and go, “And…I’m spent.”

Okay, then. Nice taking pictures with you, kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment