Thursday, November 10, 2011

20 Kids! Ouch, My HooHaa!

Can you imagine having 20 kids?

I can’t.

But that’s how many children Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar are going to have since Michelle just announced that’s pregnant again.



Photo credit here



I like their family. I think the kids are extremely polite. My children could probably learn something from their family. Heck, I know grown adults who could benefit from their family.

However.

I don’t like how the older kids seem to be stuck watching the younger ones. I’m a firm believer that a kid should be a kid. Chores are fine, yes, but not to the extreme. I don’t feel older siblings should constantly be in charge of the younger ones. Asking an older kid to grab a diaper or a bottle is fine, but flat out expecting said child to watch over the younger ones on a daily basis seems wrong to me.

Yes, there was an article where the older kids said that they love helping out with the younger ones. But it’s all they’ve ever known.

Again. I like the family. But I can’t help but feel sorry for those older kids, especially when it seems like the new addition will be stuck in their room.

What do you think of the Duggars?

Do you think of Children of the Corn when all the kids face the camera and start singing Amazing Grace?

Do you sometimes want to slip your kids in with the Duggars and see if they notice?

No comments:

Post a Comment