Friday, November 11, 2011

Cooking with Amber

A lot of people gave me Crock Pot recipes on my Hey, It’s Okay Tuesday post.

To repay the favor, I wanted to share one of my favorite (and easy!) Crock Pot recipes. Don’t have a Crock Pot? Well, guess what? On Black Friday at Wal-Mart, they have a good one on sale for only $8! Granted, you might have to battle some crazy shoppers but here’s some more good news! Wal-Mart is starting Black Friday 10 PM on THURSDAY! So you can battle them at a more respectable hour.


Anyway.

I call this Salsa Chicken. And actually, a few readers gave me a recipe just like this one so it must be a popular easy recipe.


What You Need

Chicken breasts
Seasoning (whatever you like)
Salsa
Sour Cream
Soft Tacos





1. Put the chicken into the crock pot and add the seasoning you like. I usually add garlic powder, because we love garlic in this family and will do anything to ward away pansy vampires like Edward. Then, I add salt and pepper. You can trim the chicken if you’d like but I never do since you can’t even taste the fat when it’s cooked.





2. Cover the chicken with the salsa of your preference. I usually get whatever salsa is on sale. The mild kind, because I’m the only one who can stand extremely spicy things in this family.


3. Cook for 8-10 hours. It’ll make your house smell great. Even picky husbands will say, “mmm, that smells good!) (No, but seriously, my husband doesn’t even like pot roast!)






4. When the chicken is done, shred it with a fork. Turn it to warm and add the sour cream. Put as much as you like. I usually get the smallest container and add all of it. Mix it in and let sit for 10 minutes.




5. Spoon onto soft tacos and enjoy! You can even have this on paper plates so you don’t have to clean more dishes. Fantastic, right?

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment