Monday, November 18, 2013

The Mother Of All Meltdowns Review (These Are My People!)

I've had many meltdowns before.

I am not one of those mothers who keep their cool. I yell. I curse. I admit that. And sometimes I feel guilty for yelling. And cursing.

Then I read The Mother Of All Meltdowns and didn't feel so bad.




The Mother Of All Meltdowns has a bunch of essays written by 30 bloggers about, well, parenting meltdowns. I immediately connected with Lisa Witherspoon in her Not According To Plan story. She writes about how she gained like 50 pounds with her pregnancies and basically swelled up. Me too, Lisa. Me too. I still think Kate Middleton is a freak of nature for looking so good throughout her pregnancy. Clearly she's an alien. Anyway, Lisa mentions having a meltdown as she went to the hospital to have the baby because it was taking so long. She just wanted her baby OUT. I've been there. I didn't want to linger. I wanted to push once and have my baby. Preferably clean because I don't deal well with blood and goo caked on the kid.


I giggled through You're At The Happiest Place On Earth. Why Are You Crying? by Dana Hemelt where she writes about how her kid cried at Disney World. Well, we were at Disney World in June and had some meltdowns of our own. I get it, Dana. My husband was deployed so it was me with two kids, who occasionally got cranky thanks to the heat and all the people.


I cringed as I read As Poop Would Have It by Natasha Peter. Neither of my children have ever spread poop around, thank goodness....but my daughter was a nudist. As she got older, she'd at least put some underwear on. She tries to get away with that now but my husband insists that she put some clothes on. "Come on Natalie, the neighbors might see!" he tries to explain. "So?" Natalie answers. "They'll like my Pinkie Pie panties!"

There are so many other fabulous stories that I really enjoyed reading, many from bloggers that I read daily. I laughed out loud many times which either would startle the cat or my husband who'd be like, "What's going on over there? Did you burn something again?" (I do laugh when I burn things followed by going, "Cooking is just the worst! Martha Stewart LIES!" Or I just yell. And curse.)


Read this book! You'll laugh. You'll cry. You'll laugh some more. If you're buying Christmas gifts, get your loved one this book! You can purchase it on Kindle here or you can purchase a copy of the book here. It's less than ten bucks!

Now, if you'll excuse me, as I was writing this review I heard a loud bang from my daughter's room.

I might be having my own meltdown....

Wish me luck.


If you want to learn more about the book follow on Twitter here.



**I was contacted by Crystal from MommiFried about doing this review. I was given a free copy of the book for my truthful opinions.**

No comments:

Post a Comment