Monday, November 4, 2013

No Facebook Until 13!

I love my son, but holy crap, if he doesn't stop asking me if he can have a Facebook account I'm going to lose my mind.

He's 11.

The rules on Facebook state that you must be 13.

I've told him this.

I've SHOWN him the rules.

He'll silently read them and then go, "But some kids in my class already have a Facebook account."

"They aren't following the rules. YOU follow the rules," I explained.

I don't agree with children under 13 having a Facebook account. My kids will not have one before 13. And when they do have an account, I'll have the password until they move out.

"Everyone has a Facebook but me!" Tommy will say dramatically.

"Not true. What would you even write?" I asked. Seriously, he's a man of few words.

"I'd write about my video games and, I don't know, say hello," Tommy shrugged.

"It's not happening. We'll talk again in two years."

Then the whining starts all over again. But I'm holding my ground. He's not getting a Facebook until he's 13.

No comments:

Post a Comment