Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Hey, It's Okay Tuesday!

I got this idea from Glamour magazine. They have a section called Hey, It’s Okay and will list a bunch of things to be okay about. I think I’m going to do this every Tuesday now. You're welcome to join in and do something like this on your diary. Doesn't have to be on a Tuesday either.

Hey, It's Okay....



To love having the bed to yourself.


To be ready for Fall TV to begin.


To exercise for one day and then promise that you’ll do it every day and then, well, don’t.


To occasionally feed your kids Lunchables. (There was a big to do about this awhile back. I guess some mothers were horrified that Lunchables were given to children. Oh no. The horror.)


To not really understand what the Spanish lady down the street is saying to you because of her thick accent (but nodding along like you do—hopefully I don’t agree to something scary like hosting a Pampered Chef party.)


To still be wishing that an agent will like your book. I’d be an easy client, I swear. And I’d send gift baskets as a thank you. With chocolate.


To not wear makeup while Skyping. The last time I mentioned Skype people were all, “Oh, I couldn’t do that as I wouldn’t want to put on makeup.” You don’t have to put on makeup. Or wait, am I supposed to be putting on makeup?


To really wish people would take music off their blogs. It’s still startling me and most of the time, I really don’t like the music. I usually leave without commenting on those blogs because it’s hard for me to form a thought with Britney Spears blaring in the background.


To be all ready to send your son off to third grade tomorrow. I’ll miss the kid, don’t get me wrong, but the fighting with his sister and the questions about pubic hair is just getting to be too much.


To be equally ready for Natalie to start preschool on the 30th. She only goes a couple of hours and believe you me, I will enjoy those couple of hours. I plan on skipping around the house going, “I’m free,” and shopping in peace. I may tear up on the first day but I’m not one of those parents who wallow about being lonely. I mean, I may be able to READ again. READ!!

No comments:

Post a Comment