Thursday, April 18, 2013

Things That Annoy Me Thursday: Gluing

So I admitted to being a NC (non-crafter) last week. And mind you, even though I’m posting this on Things That Annoy Me Thursday, I really wasn’t ANNOYED by the box. I’m just, well, a NC (non-crafter.)

I was amazed at all the fancy boxes people were sending to their deployed spouses. It never occurred to me to decorate a BOX.

I didn’t plan to decorate a box. But my daughter wanted to. For Daddy.

So.

We painted the flaps. Which probably wasn’t the best idea, because the words still showed through. But oh well. (And after stumbling across a crafty blog, she suggested using colored duct tape for the panels. Maybe we’ll send a patriotic 4th of July box and try this.)



I also layered the bottom box with wrapping paper to make it nicer. And I had the kids write on the flaps. Then I got letters and glued those on. (Glue always winds up on me when I use it.)


Here is the box with the presents:




I’m awful at fitting stuff into boxes. I sort of cram everything in there.



And yes, I got my husband a birthday card with a pair of dancing/singing tighty whities on the front.





Decorating the box wasn’t too bad. As you can see, it’s not elaborate at all.

Maybe we’ll do it again.

If Natalie has her way, we certainly will.

No comments:

Post a Comment