Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Trial and Error

My women's circle, we are The Paula's, at First United Methodist is putting together a cookbook for a fundraiser. I LOVE cookbooks. I love to buy them, give them, own them....I can contribute up to five recipes so I thought this week I might try a few out of you all and see what your reactions are. I love to cook...but I am a busy person and don't have time for it to take a lot of time in preparation and I don't want it to be frustrating...so I have worked hard to put together recipes for the working person. Anyways, a couple of years ago I won a cake from my friends the Munzemay's place in Rockford called the Eagle's Roost. Problem was Kat and I could not eat it fast enough and I was afraid it would get stale...so I had to make dessert one night for church and this is what I did:

Death by Chocolate Trifle


Ingrediants:

1 chocolate cake (you can make it, buy, it...it can be chocolate, pound, angel food, whatever floats your boat...I have used half chocolate and half white)
1 box of instant pudding...mixed according to package (I use chocolate...but have used vanilla, white chocolate, or both...it just depended on my mood.)
1 large carton of cool whip
1 Butterfinger


Mix up pudding and put in refrigerator to firm. Cut cake in half and crumble half the cake in the bottom of a trifle bowl, punch bowl, or any other deep clear glass bowl. The next layer is pudding...so use about half of the pudding mixture....the top that with the cool whip. Repeat layers...top with crushed butterfingers (you can use any HARD chocolate candy...Heath Bars are good too). Refrigerate and serve...let me tell you...there will be none left. You can do this with strawberries and pound/angelfood cake...I also toss in blueberries with that one...and use it on the 4th of July. This is a recipe that is meant to be played with. So...what do you think? Should I use this one in the cookbook? What til tomorrow...I am excited about that recipe too! Try this one...and I know you will enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment