Monday, March 22, 2010

A Yo Gabba Gabba Celebration (Yikes)

“Happy Birthday, Natalie,” I said on Friday morning when I went to get her up.



She ignored me.

“You get some presents,” I tried again.



This time her eyes flew open.

The night before I had set up downstairs in anticipation for her birthday. Her theme? Yo Gabba Gabba. I know. Tres scary. (If your child also likes creepy Yo Gabba Gabba, I bought everything here.)





I even put pictures of the Yo Gabba Gabba characters against the wall. Brobee is already ruined. Natalie took it off the wall and tried to sleep with him. Poor Brobee got stuck to her and she flipped out.

“BROBEE SICK!” Natalie had hollered.

RIP Brobee.

Natalie came downstairs and opened some presents.







She also got a bike. She can’t pedal yet so this is pissing her off. Lots of shouting is coming from our household.



Later, she had some friends come over for some cupcakes. We passed out Yo Gabba Gabba gift boxes. Yes, Natalie got one, too. She’d have never let me hear the end of it.



She picked Olive Garden for her birthday dinner. I find it amusing that my children prefer to go out rather than have me make something. I don’t mind though. Because hello, it means I don’t have to cook.

Then it was CAKE TIME. Yes, I changed Natalie. Didn’t want her ultra adorable white shirt get stained. We do not have good luck with white shirts over here. Tom wonders why I keep buying white shirts then and I’m all, “What can I say, Gymboree keeps making cute white shirts.”





As Natalie gobbled her cake down, I thought back to her first birthday.



She was NOT amused by the cake then. She was insulted when the frosting got on her precious fingers. I was all, “Lick it off!” and this infuriated her even more. I remember thinking, “Whose child is this? Why is she not respecting the frosting?”

She definitely respects frosting now. In fact, that’s usually the only thing she eats from a cake.

All in all I think she had a good birthday. Thank you all for the birthday wishes.







I can’t believe that she’s THREE. Here comes the sass! (What am I talking about, the sass has been here since she was born..)

No comments:

Post a Comment