Saturday, March 20, 2010

Saturday Morning Charm

I love photographing tablescapes. This morning I was planning out a birthday party for my friend Debbie. She will be 50 tomorrow. I wanted my table to be cheerful and happy so I got out a incomplete set of yellow dishes my mom had up in her house and went to work. My Charm glassware is green and sits in the hutch so I wanted the yellow to kind of blend with it. I had found four green striped placemats in the hutch at mom's house too, the yellow daisies I purchased at the Dollar Tree. It took four bunches to get the right amount and the yellow pail I picked up at the Mission Thrift Store for twenty-five cents. What a find! The glasses are just a set of Walmart glasses. I think at one time I gave somewhere around $7.00 for them. The photograph is where Debbie will sit and it is a picture of she and my dad at an Old Fashioned Sunday. The white little ginger jar is going to be her gift. I bought it at Big Lots for less than 10.00. I hope she likes the presentation. I seem to be all about presentation since I started checking out Mid-Atlantic Martha, Edie Marie's Attic, and Tales of Bloggeritaville's Thursday Tablescapes. I never knew setting a table could be so much fun. It has become a treasure hunt trying to find just exactly what I am looking for, for the perfect table. As you all know I have Blue Garland China and when I did my last tablescape I used Crystal I bought in Ireland. What I am looking for is some smoky blue glasses...I think Fostoria makes a set...they would really enhance the blue flowered garland on the dish. Oh well. I am hitting some antique/junk shops/thrift stores today...looking for booth items....but maybe I will luck out and find something for me. Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment