Monday, August 8, 2011

I Couldn't Go To BlogHer. So I Did This.

So there was this thing called BlogHer over the weekend.



BlogHer, if you aren’t aware, is this awesome conference for bloggers. I heard ELMO was there, people. ELMO.



And a McDonalds booth. You guys know how much I love McDonalds.



I hope to be able to attend one day.



Although I couldn’t make it to BlogHer, I did manage to fill my days.



How, you might ask?



Well.



For starters, I was busy cleaning up an exploded hot dog in my microwave.









Note to self. And to any other people who try to microwave hot dogs. Don’t do it for more than 30 seconds.



Or you’ll hear this loud popping sound and the hot dog will explode.



IN YOUR BRAND NEW MICROWAVE!



While I was cleaning that, Natalie decided to bring down half the contents of her room. And mine:









I though, well, fine, at least I have the show Big Brother to look forward to.







Only it was ANNOYING because Rachel kept crying every two seconds. I imagine, like me, the rest of the houseguests wanted to toss her over the fence. (And I sort of want to throw Lawon over the fence with her because, what does he DO?!)



To cheer myself up from the red-haired crazy, I decided to make s’mores in the microwave. They aren’t as tasty as s’mores made from a fire, but I’ll take what I can.



This is what happened:









That would be residue from a marshmallow. It slipped off the plate and splattered on my kitchen mat.



I decided to let it dry so it would be easier to remove. But I forgot it was there and when I was putting dishes away, I stepped in it.



Do you know how gross melted marshmallow feels on the bottom of your foot?



All you ladies who made it to BlogHer, I envy you.



I hope you drank a lot of alcohol for me.



And didn’t have to deal with sticky feet.



-------------------------



Now onto a more serious matter.



I’m always eager to help a fellow military spouse. So when Lura contacted me asking if I could please post a link to her blog, I said absolutely.



She wanted me to share her blog for completely selfless reasons. See, she and her husband are trying to adopt two boys from Eastern Europe. If you could donate anything it would be helpful seeing as the adoption will cost between $24,000-$26,000. And we all know military members are paid terribly so that amount can be a stretch.



If there is anything you can do to help, or to find out more information about the adoption, please check out Lura’s blog here.



Even if you can only spare $1, every little bit adds up.







No comments:

Post a Comment