Friday, July 9, 2010

Like A Melted Reeses Peanut Butter Cup...

The Melting Pot.

I know I gush about it a lot.

But I can’t help it.

The place is amazing.

So I was glad when I got to eat there when I was visiting my best friend Jennifer. We got to go alone, no kids, and it was fantastic.

I would not bring kids to The Melting Pot. For starters, there is a gigantic burner in the middle of the table. And plus, the place just doesn’t scream children. It screams quiet drinky time for adults.

Or maybe just quiet time if you don’t drink.

Jennifer and I ordered a drink though. I had been curious on what some of them tasted like.





I can’t remember what Jennifer ordered but I got some berry mojito that tasted strongly of vodka. I could barely drink it all. I prefer the sweet drinks, I admit that. I’ve never been one for doing shots.

Our first course came. The cheese. We had a male waiter and come to think of it, whenever I go to The Melting Pot I’ve usually always had a guy. He was polite and asked us the usual question as he mixed up our cheese: what did we do, what brought us in here (“the cheese! The chocolate!” I answered), and were we married (“why, you interested? I could use a guy friend who knows how to make cheese fondue.”)





We had our meat and veggie course next and Jennifer decided to try a mushroom just to make sure she still didn’t like them.





She still doesn’t like mushrooms.

I decided to play with my mushroom. (I don’t like them either. Weirdly, my husband, who is incredibly picky likes mushrooms. He’ll eat fungus, but not pot roast.)





And then came the best part.

The chocolate course!







We got the chocolate peanut butter one. It was like a giant melted Reeses Peanut Butter cup. In short? Heaven.

It was Jennifer’s first time at The Melting Pot.

Did she approve?



Why, yes she did!

No comments:

Post a Comment