Thursday, February 14, 2013

Things That Annoy Me Thursday: Fancy Valentines



Please tell me other people are sending their kids with store bought Valentines.

My Facebook feed is FILLED with all these handmade ones. Not that there is anything wrong with that. It's just, well, one lady cut out these really pretty butterflies and wrote in CALLIGRAPHY around the wings and attached candy all around it. And mind you, even though this post is Things That Annoy Me, it really doesn't annoy me when people make fancy things. I marvel at the stuff people create.

But anyway, cut out butterflies seem like a lot of work.

Imagine doing that 20+ times.

Someone else cut out hearts and taped candy all around them.

Another cut out tiny flowers with the writing, "I pick you!"

And here my kids come with store bought Valentines.

I'm not crafty. I've said this before. It doesn't bring me joy. Just as cooking doesn't bring me joy. Eating brings me joy. Reading brings me joy. Writing brings me joy. Cutting 20+ shapes does not.

I just hope other kids have store bought Valentines too.

And I sort of hope my kids bring home the fancy Valentines so I can marvel at them, contemplate doing it next year for about five seconds before running to the store and buying store bought Valentines for 50% off for next year...

That's just how I roll, people.

No comments:

Post a Comment