Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Friday Night Date on Monday Night

Last night Frank and I had our Friday night date....except it was Monday night.  We ran a few errands early in the morning in Roanoke after Dale came to work on our house.  About 2:30 we headed to Auburn.  I wanted to exchange some blouses we bought in Mobile, I wanted to get Frank some plaid shorts I saw on a television Penny's ad, and I wanted to check out a new consignment shop called Sydney's.....and then we were planning to take advantage of Red Lobsters 15.00 Summer Extraveganza and try the four course meal they were offering.  I figured the meal would be smaller portions since you were getting four course for less than two courses cost.  Boy, was I surprised.  Course one - I had potato bacon soup and Frank had New England clam chowder.  It was a full serving and really good.  I could have actually stopped there.  Course two was our salads and cheese bisquits (I love those things).  Course three was the entree - I had fried shrimp (expected maybe 9...they were nice size shrimp....not popcorn size)....I got 20! Frank had wood-grilled shrimp skewers and habañero shrimp bites....he got two skewers of 6-8 shrimp and a plate full of the little bites....plus cole slaw and rice pilaf.  Course four - Thank heavens....this is where they did hold back a bit....it was just perfect....it was a to die for browni wedge, with a scoop of ice cream, and then chocolate and caramel sauce drizzled over the entire thing.  Frank and I had a great time.  The service was phenomenal and our waitress Kim was the best.  I got to see a former student (he has already graduated from college) named Jimmy and catch up briefly,  I got to flirt with my husband shamefully, and it did not cost us an arm and a leg.  The 15.00 we paid for the meal was definitely date night price....but a lot easier on the pocketbook than some of the plates Red Lobster serves.  All in all a wonderful time was had by all.  I love date nights with my husband!

No comments:

Post a Comment