Thursday, June 24, 2010

Inside Natalie's Closet

It’s no secret that I love buying clothes for my children.

So every once in awhile I’ll be posting an entry on an outfit that they are wearing. It’ll mainly be my daughter seeing as my son does this when I ask him to pose for the camera:



I took the following photos on Father’s Day. Natalie is sporting an outfit from Gymboree’s Citrus Cutie line.



“Hey Natalie, how about we take some photos!”



Hmm. Not entirely thrilled there.

“It’ll be fun!”



Natalie doesn’t believe me. Just as most of America doesn’t believe a word BP says.

“Can’t you give me a smile?”



This is what she offered.

I started to do a silly dance and BEHOLD....



....but within a few seconds she was all, “Not funny anymore. You know what I want.”



What she wanted was for me to run into the side of the house.

Yes, I run into my home to get my kid to laugh.

But hey, it worked.





While doing it a neighborhood kid came over to see if Tommy could play.

“Tommy’s Mom,” she said, aghast. “What are you doing?”

“It makes Natalie laugh,” I offered and then BAM, side of the house against my cheek.

The kid mulled this over and then said, “My Mom just asks me to say cheese.”

Well fiddle-dee-dee.

After she was gone I had Tom come out to take photos with Natalie.

Tom doesn’t like to pose for the camera.

“Want me to run into the house for you?” I asked.

“I’ll pass,” Tom responded.



“By golly, I love my Daddy in his Chuck Norris shirt.”



Should I be insulted that she instantly smiles when Daddy is holding her? If I ask her to smile I have to smack into the house and risk getting a bruise.



She’s going to miss him when he’s in Korea…

No comments:

Post a Comment