Friday, January 14, 2011

The Evil Doll

I knew it.

I KNEW it would happen.

But Natalie had to have the giant Rapunzel. She begged for the giant Rapunzel.

I got her the giant Rapunzel.

And now....

NOW...

I’m freaked out by the giant Rapunzel.

It started off okay. It truly did.

Natalie got her beloved giant Rapunzel and she was so happy.





She even got a matching dress.





But then Natalie would leave the doll downstairs at night. And I’d be minding my own business, enjoying the quiet because the kids were finally asleep. I’d settle down on the couch, all stretched out and then I’d see her from the corner of my eye.

I’d jump, of course.

Because the doll looks like a real person at first.

And dolls freak me out ever since I watched those Chucky movies when I was younger. Then there was another movie about an evil GIRL doll. I can’t even remember what that one was called. But the point is, that doll was also EVIL. Like I’m going to murder you while laughing maniacally, evil.

So when I see that Rapunzel doll at night I think:



I try to make sure the doll is upstairs by the evening. Or, you know, covered by a blanket and put in another room.

But sometimes I forget.

And when I do, I’m always spooked and I think:

No comments:

Post a Comment