Friday, August 16, 2013

Inside Natalie's Closet: First Day Of School Outfit

My kids to back to school on Monday!

MONDAY!

I’ll miss them, don’t get me wrong, but I love being able to shop and clean in peace.

Natalie doesn’t know what she wants to wear on her first day so I took a couple of pictures to help her decide.

(Tommy was like, “I don’t know. I’ll just throw whatever on.” He did not want to participate in the photo shoot. I do promise that he’ll show up on his first day of sixth grade with CLEAN clothes at least.)


Anyway, here’s outfit number #1 from Gymboree. She said Maximus had to be involved or else he'd cry:



I made some farting noise and got her to smile:







The second outfit is from The Children's Place:



Yes, I like knee high socks but I don't think Natalie is tall enough. They tend to cover most of her leg PAST her knee.


"Mommy, take a picture of me with my head tilted back and my tongue out!"




"Um. Okay?"


"Mommy? Now take a picture of me backwards!"




"If you insist."




"I hope first grade is fun."


"I'm sure you'll do great."



Here's outfit #3. From Gymboree. Yes, it's one of my favorite stores.




Take a look at those knee high socks! Super cute critter socks!



"Mommy? There's a bug over there!"


I took care of it. And by taking care of it, I tossed my shoe at the thing and screeched.



"I don't think you got the bug, Mommy."


"Let's just...ignore it."


I ran into the side of the house to distract her.




"You're so silly, Mommy!"

"Thanks! I learned from the Adam Sandler movie Big Daddy that kids find it amusing when adults injure themselves."


"Mommy! Take another picture of me with my tongue out!"




"I think Gene Simmons would be impressed."

"Who is Gene Sibbons?"

"We'll talk about it in a couple of years. So. Do you know what you want to wear on your first day of school?"





"Everything!"





(And if you like her style, I'm listing some of Natalie's clothes on eBay here!)





No comments:

Post a Comment