Thursday, May 16, 2013

Things That Annoy Me Thursday: Changing Merida

My daughter loves Disney Princesses.

She even had a Merida birthday party.

So I was a little miffed when I read this article

If you don’t want to read it, basically they want to change Merida’s appearance:



It might only be a cartoon character, but NO! NO! NO!

She looks fine the way she is. My daughter loves her the way she is. She loves that Merida is a bit of a tomboy. (Although yes, she would adore the sparkling dress that the “new” Merida has on. She loves anything that sparkles. She and Liberache would have been best friends.)

I get because she’s an official Disney Princess that she has to match up with the other princesses—actually, you know what, I don’t get it. Why does everyone have to look the same? Why can’t one stand out? I like old Merida’s round eyes. I like old Merida’s impish grin. I’d prefer if they kept the “real” Merida.

Anyway, guess what? Right as I was about to post this, I found an article that shows that Disney listened to those who complained!

That’s fantastic! Thank you, Disney! Yay for keeping the real Merida!

No comments:

Post a Comment