Monday, September 20, 2010

Ghost Adventures

I was okay, I swear it.

Watching that Ghost Adventures show on the top Scariest Moments during the day made it okay.

I knew I couldn’t handle watching such a program at night. When I watch things like that at night I start to panic over every little noise. So I was smart and watched it during the day. And really, I was fine when it was over.

I was even fine when it got dark because by then I had watched several happier shows (Gilmore Girls, and the Survivor episode I had recorded...)

I didn’t even think about ghosts as I climbed into bed. I easily shut off the light, closed my eyes, and drifted off to sleep.

But then in the dead of the night I felt it.

I had been snoozing on my stomach and yes, I sleep with only underwear on so my back was naked. And it was on my back where I felt the scratch.

On the ghost show, some evil ghosts were scratching the members of the ghost team.

I immediately thought of this, sat up and screamed, “SCRATCHING!”

Which is a weird thing to shout, I admit it, but when you have been sleeping peacefully for a few hours the mind doesn’t work quite right at first.

I heard a thump on the floor and did what every other self respecting twenty-eight year old would do: I dove under the covers.

Holy crap, a ghost was coming to get me. A ghost had just scratched me. Maybe the evil ghost from the show knew I was watching the program and didn’t like it and had flown to Wyoming TO TEACH ME A LESSON!

Oh God.

I stayed under the covers for a few minutes until I had to get fresh air. I peeked out and forced myself to look around.

Nothing.

But then Max the cat jumped on the bed which caused me to scream and hide under the covers again until I computed that it was just the cat.

Wait.

Just the cat….

Then it all came together.

It was the cat that had jumped up on my back and because of his claws, he probably accidentally scraped me.

And that thump? Well, I probably had inadvertently pushed the cat on the ground. Sorry, Max.

But good news!

There wasn’t an evil ghost out to get me.

I hadn’t been scratched! Well, I sort of had, but it wasn’t anything serious.

Everything was okay!

Everything was…

“Max! Get off my pillow!” I hadn’t realized that the cat had settled down on it until I went to get comfortable.

I scooped him off and put him on Tom’s pillow. He did not look pleased with me.

I’m thinking I might be scratched in the future.

Only this time, it won’t be an accident.

No comments:

Post a Comment