Thursday, July 11, 2013

Things That Annoy Me Thursday: Not Following Through

So I’m part of a Facebook page for my military base where people can buy and sell stuff. It seems like it would be pretty straightforward, right?

No.

On the page you find that adults cannot follow simple rules. You find adults do not have basic manners.

Case in point.

I listed something on the page awhile back. Someone said she was interested. We set up a date and time. That date and time went. No buyer.

This is completely RUDE! I spent my entire day at home when I could have been out doing stuff.

I messaged her and asked what was up. I was polite. I wanted to say, “The eff were you, rude ass?” She went, “OH! Something came up.”

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then why not MESSAGE ME and TELL me so.

I mean, seriously. BASIC MANNERS.

Did she think I was psychic? Was I supposed to know something came up?

Then you get the folks who say they want an item, then never get back to you. Also rude. If you are no longer interested, SAY SO.

You also get the people who are like, “I want this! Only I can’t pay for another 30 days.” So you’re polite and say, okay, I’ll hold it. 30 days come and go. No response. You message the buyer asking if they still want the item. NO RESPONSE. Or you get, “Sorry, still have no cash.” If you don’t have cash, it’s probably best to stay off a buying site.

But really, the thing that gets me the most angry, is when people don’t bother to show when they say they will. Yes, things come up. But that’s when you message the seller and let them know. BASIC MANNERS.

This is why I rarely sell on that site. I cannot deal with the children who don’t comprehend manners. I keep telling the owner of the site to put up a wall of shame. That way the people who don’t show up can be listed as a warning to others. Otherwise they’ll keep doing it.

So please, if you belong to buy/sell site, COMMUNICATE. Remember the manners you were taught back in Kindergarten.

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment