Friday, July 12, 2013

My Observations About Disney World In June

To sum up my Disney World posts, I decided to make a list of things I observed when I was there. Perhaps some could help out a future traveler?



--Disney makes a killing selling ponchos. It rained at least once the entire time we were there. I’d see people walking out of stores with handfuls of ponchos. At 8.95 a pop, they don’t come cheap when you buy a bunch.



--People will pause at the worst possible moments to take a picture. I nearly ran into several folks who decided to stop in the middle of the crowd to take a shot.



--You’ll wonder how the characters don’t pass out in their heavy costumes. Are there mini fans inside?



--Personal space is the thing of the past while at Disney World in the summer, especially during parade times. And occasionally on bus rides, if you’re staying on Disney property. They’ll pack you in there like sardines so you’re suddenly face to face with a perfect stranger. You’ll hope they don’t have bad breath. Or BO.



--You’ll lose weight with all the walking. Unless you’re me. Then you’ll gain it, because you simply MUST try all the food offered.



--Dole Whips are amazing. Get one. (For more details, click here.) Dole Whips are basically pineapple juice with pineapple soft serve ice cream.



--You’ll come home with souvenirs that will probably never get used again. See: Mickey ears. But they’re fun to wear around the park.



--Fast Passes will become your best friend. DO NOT stand in a two hour line. Fast Pass the ride. Seriously. Unless waiting for two hours is your thing.



--You’ll probably be standing in front of something that someone wants to take a picture of. I remember at one point we rested against a lamp post and suddenly there was a couple in front of me, clearly waiting for me to move. It seriously was just a LAMP POST. Were they documenting all the lamp posts at Disney? I wanted to ask, but they didn’t speak English.



**Also, Krystal has written a review of my book The Swimmer's Assistant here. Thank you, Krystal!!**

No comments:

Post a Comment