Friday, July 19, 2013

I Tried The Pretzel Burger From Wendy's

I actually meant to eat it last Friday.

But they gave me the wrong one.

I picked it up in the drive thru and didn’t think to check to ensure they gave me the right one. I just saw I had a wrapped up burger and fries and assumed I was good to go.

Then I got home and realized it was the wrong one.

“This is NOT the Pretzel Burger!” I shouted to no one.

I had gone to Wendy’s to try their new Pretzel Burger—it looked delicious in the commercials and I love pretzels. Surely I would love it in the form of a bun. But Wendy’s was like, “Nope. You get our regular burger instead.” And don’t get me wrong, their regular burgers are tasty. But it wasn’t what I wanted. I suppose I could have gone back to the store but I was hungry and not in the mood to do so.

So I wrote about it on Twitter.

I wasn’t rude, mind you. I said something along the lines of how I was looking forward to trying the Pretzel Burger and got a regular one instead.

Then Wendy’s contacted me and told me to fill out a form on their site stating what happened. Again, I was polite.

A couple hours later I had an e-mail from the manager of the Wendy’s I went to apologizing for the mistake and offering me a free Pretzel Burger combo and frosty. Sweet! I thanked her and said I’d be in Monday.


So Monday came and I was all ready to try the Pretzel Burger I got my free combo and thanked them again. Everyone was polite. No one spit in my food. Even though everyone was polite, you never know. I’ve seen the videos on Dateline NBC.


This is the Pretzel Burger:




And yes, it was tasty. It had lettuce, tomato, onions, and a sauce. Plus the usual ketchup and such. (And if you don’t like any of that, simply ask them to omit it. They will.) The Pretzel Burger bun was warm and soft—not hard. I liked it. Worth the wait. Would I order it again? If I was in the mood for a pretzel taste, yes. But my favorite thing on the Wendy’s menu is the spicy nuggets dipped in honey mustard sauce.


I recommend trying the Pretzel Burger

And no, I was not paid by Wendy’s to say any of this. I just like to eat not-so-healthy foods. Some women reach for the kale, I reach for the fries.

Up next? Trying the hot dogs with the pretzel buns at Sonic. Nitrates!

No comments:

Post a Comment