Thursday, June 27, 2013

Things That Annoy Me Thursday: Parade Pushers

“Excuse me,” the woman said, trying to wedge her stroller next to me so that my son was squished into my leg in an uncomfortable manner.

“Excuse me,” I repeated. “No.”

She was not about to push my son out of the way. She should have been here an hour ago when I was. Finding a spot for the daily Disney World parade is serious business. Everyone knows this. If you want a curb spot, you find one early. You do not shove other people out of the way. It will not work. I don’t care if you have an infant.

“If I could just…” the woman tried again and one of the stroller wheels went over Tommy’s hand.

“No.” I said this firmly and stared at the woman with my angry eyes. I probably did look frightening. I had been sitting out in the hot sun. Sweat was pouring down my face. I imagine I resembled a lobster. I would not be shoved from my seat by a stroller. My son would not be forced onto my lap. It was too hot for that.

The woman gave up when she saw I meant business. She was not happy. I think she called me a rude name under her breath as she stalked away. Well, sorry. Get to the curb earlier. (And she didn’t even have a kid in the stroller. It wasn’t like I was pushing away an innocent child. I saw no tiny human beings with her. For all I know, she used the stroller to get people out of her way.)

Sometimes you have to fight for your spot at Disney World. But it was worth it.






Yeah, see the Evil Stepmother’s look? That’s the look I gave Stroller Lady.


No comments:

Post a Comment