Friday, June 7, 2013

Countdown to Disney World Part Two

We leave for Disney World NEXT WEEK!

I’ve started to pack.

It’s not going well.

Let me count the ways.


1. Natalie wants to bring all her princess dresses. All her princess toys. All her princess plastic shoes. She has her own mini suitcase because of this. I told her she can bring whatever she can fit in there. Naturally, not everything fits so she’s like, “But..but..I’ve got to bring my Cinderella doll, she’ll be scared all alone here! I can’t leave my Tiana dress behind. I HAVE TO BRING MY CROWNS! ALL OF THEM!”


2. I can’t fold. I sort of ball everything up. Tom folds better than I do. It’s his military training. When we go on trips, his side of the suitcase is always neatly folded while my side…is not. Of course Tom is deployed so the entire suitcase is bound to look scary.


3. I’m running out of room. Everything is going in one large suitcase. My stuff. Tommy’s stuff. Natalie’s clothes. (Her mini suitcase is for her dresses/toys/shoes/etc..) I could bring another suitcase, because we’re riding Southwest, and they don’t charge for luggage. (Love Southwest.) I don’t want to bring another suitcase because Tom won’t be here to help. Tommy can help, but he has low muscle tone, which means pulling things can be a struggle. Then he gets frustrated because he’s like, “Most kids my age can do this! Why can’t I?” And it causes a meltdown. Natalie would TRY to help but she’s not big enough. Plus, she’s in charge of her mini suitcase (which I can almost bet she’ll pawn off on me when she’s tired of dragging it around.)


4. I can’t figure out what clothes to bring. I have 1 dress. The rest of my clothes are capris and t-shirts. I am not stylish. I figure I’ll be sweating through all of this stuff because it’s HOT at Disney World. My shoes will be my Sketchers and flip flops. I refuse to wear Crocs. Tommy is wearing his tennis shoes because sandals make his toes feel weird. Natalie….well, okay, Natalie has like 5 different pairs of sandals. My fault. Not hers. I got a bunch of them for 70% off at Target and now I can’t decide which ones should come or not.


5. I worry I’ll forget something. I think to myself, “Okay, I have underwear. Check. Bras. Check. Pants. Check. Little Debbie snacks. Check.” I should make a list. I’m not a list person.



6. “Mommy, I have to bring my dog Princess! I have to bring my books! NO ONE CAN BE LEFT BEHIND!!” Did I mention I have a daughter who wants to bring EVERYTHING she owns?


Yeah.

So wish me luck that I can figure this packing situation out.

Because next week, we are Disney bound!

No comments:

Post a Comment