Thursday, June 6, 2013

Things That Annoy Me Thursday: Book Abuse Part Two

I’ve written about book abuse before.

I hate when people fold down the corners of pages in a library book. It doesn’t belong to them; therefore they don’t have the right. If it’s your book, by all means, go nuts. But a library book needs a bookmark. I cringe when I see a page folded down when I’m reading a library book.

I also cringe when I see this:




I have to hope that it’s smeared food and not, well, poop.

Or blood.

Yuck.

Why can’t people take care of library books? I never have one around food. I treat them with care.

Some folks have said to me, “I don’t check out library books because who knows where they’ve been?” Yes, this is true. But I promised my husband I’d cut back on book purchases so off to the library I go. I pretend that the borrowers before me have taken the time to care for their books as I do.

And then I see a stain like the one above and I’m like, “GAG!”

So again. Take care of books that do not belong to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment