Thursday, June 13, 2013

Things That Annoy Me Thursday: Child Creepiness

I woke up because I felt a prickly feeling go down my back.

It was in the middle of the night and I had been fast asleep. I tried to ignore the strange sensation but then I worried that I had a spider on me. My eyes flew open and then I screamed.

Not because I found a spider.

But because my daughter was standing beside the bed…STARING AT ME AS I SLEPT.

Who does that? Aside from the children who end up being demonic in horror films, that is.

“I was scared,” Natalie said when I stopped screeching.

SHE was scared?

Then I realized it was raining. Lightening flashed, brightening up the room. Thunder boomed.

Natalie jumped into my bed.

“If you’re scared, you announce yourself,” I explained.

Really. That’s all I ask. Don’t STARE at me when I’m sleeping.

She’s lucky I didn’t kick her by accident.

But thank goodness it wasn’t a spider.

No comments:

Post a Comment