Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Mystery Present



Does anyone know what this is?

And if so, could you tell me?

See, my husband went out and bought me something. He won’t even tell me where he went.

It sort of feels like a stuffed animal.

Maybe it’s jewelry with a stuffed animal attached?

“Is it a gift package from Hickory Farms?” I asked Tom.

He looked horrified. “Why would I give you a gift pack from Hickory Farms?” It was as if I asked him if he did the cha cha when he got excited or something. Plus, what’s wrong with a gift pack from Hickory Farms? I love their sausage. Oh, and their cheese.

I offered to give him a hint on what his present was. I bought him a few things, you see. But he just shrugged and went, "I can wait until Christmas just fine, thanks."

This is driving me crazy. I am not a patient person. And Tom won’t even give me a hint on what the present is. He thinks it’s hilarious when I’m examining the package as though I’m about to do a surgery.

“You’ll never figure it out,” he’ll taunt.

What IS it?

I didn’t even want a present. I kept telling Tom that I was fine without one. Actually, I told him that he could just let me shop the Gymboree sales without complaint and he said, “That’s not a present!”

Hello? Did he forget who he was married to? It most certainly is a present to me.

I shook the present and it doesn’t make a sound so a music box is ruled out.

Maybe he got a tiny stuffed animal that’s holding a Gymboree gift card?

Or a Kohls gift card?

Or a Barnes and Noble gift card?

As you can tell, I love gift cards. I know some people are all, “They are so impersonal blah blah blah,” but I don’t care, I love them.

WHAT IS THE PRESENT?



What ARE you?

No comments:

Post a Comment