Thursday, December 3, 2009

Here Comes the Christmas Mail!

My Mom always sends a Christmas package.





It’s usually filled with a bunch of presents. We can usually open one each day.

A lot of the times the presents are things like Post-Its, pens, and trash bags.

Yes, trash bags.

Tom unwrapped that one before. He pulled out the trash bag box, frowned at it and then went, “Should I be insulted?”

“No. My Mom just sends us random things!” I reminded him.

He still didn’t get it. “Who sends trash bags?”

“My Mom!” I said cheerfully. I mean, that means we save four bucks, you know? Then I could use the four bucks on a hot chocolate from McDonalds instead of trash bags.

My Mom also has a sense of humor because she sent me this:



She knows Twilight frightens me.

I ended up giving it to the local Crazy (30-something) Twilight Chick. I saw her outside and went, “I have something for you.” When she saw the chocolate, she screeched. I immediately cringed. Why do girls have to screech when they get excited? It damages my ear drums. Why can’t they just go, “Woohoo!” like I do?

“You’ve joined us!” she shouted while bouncing up and down.

Huh?

“I’ve joined who?” I was confused.

“Us. The Twilighters! Welcome!”

“Wait, I think you’re mistaken. My Mom sent me this and—”

“Welcome, welcome! What team are you on?”

HUH?

Sometimes speaking to her is like speaking in an entirely different language.

“Just…the chocolate is for you. Have a nice day,” I said and headed for the safety of my home.

Natalie opened one of Mom’s presents for me.

I got star Post-Its! Neat.

Tom was all, “Your Mom is weird.”

I hugged the Post-Its to my chest. “They’re stars for me. You know, because my middle name is Star.” (I’m not kidding. Mom talks about having wanted to name me Sky Blue if I were a boy. I seriously hope she was joking.)

Anyway, I love the holidays. I actually get good mail this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment